Terms and Conditions of Service
1. Terms and Conditions of Service
- Every sender is entitled to get proof of delivery in the form of a receipt or delivery receipt.
- PT Pos Indonesia (Persero) is responsible for the shipment sent if the sender has paid in full all shipping costs and other fees (unless there is a specific agreement).
- As long as it has not been handed over to the recipient, the right to the shipment is still in the hands of the sender, therefore claims for compensation for loss/damage to the shipment can only be filed by the sender.
- The sender's written declaration of the contents of the shipment on the Delivery Form, must be the same as the actual contents of the shipment. If it does not match, the sender is fully responsible for all impacts arising from the violation of the law.
- PT Pos Indonesia (Persero) has the right to open and/or inspect the shipment in the presence of the sender to ensure the accuracy of information related to the contents of the shipment.
- PT Pos Indonesia (Persero) is only responsible for physical damage to the contents of the shipment, and is not responsible and does not provide compensation for shipments caused by :
- Loss or damage caused by intentional elements by the sender.
- Violation of the rules of Dangerous Goods, prohibited Items and Restricted Items.
- Contens of the shipment that do not comply with the written statement on the Proof of Delivery Form.
- All technical risks that occur during transportation, which cause the delivered goods to malfunction or change their function, whether it concerns machinery or the like or electronic goods such as: cell phones, cameras, radios/tapes and others of the same kind.
- Loss or damage as a result of oxidation, pollution contamination and nuclear reactions.
- Loss or damage due to force majeure such as: natural disaster, fire, war, riot, action against the government, insurrection, seizure of power or confiscation by local authorities.
- Indirect losses or profits that are not obtained, caused by errors in the administration of post (Law No. 38 of 2009).
2. Provision of Indemnity Guarantee
- The Indemnity Guarantee service applies to shipments with barcode identification of Express Mail Service (EMS), International Parcel, International Recorded (R) Service and ePACKET products.
- The Indemnity Guarantee Service constitutes:
i. An additional service offered to postal service users for international shipments with an item value of up to US $ 100.
ii. A REQUIRED service for shipments with a value above US $ 100 and valuable document shipments.
3. Indemnity cover is provided against losses suffered by the Shipper, as a result of the risk of delay for EMS shipments, and the risk of loss and damage for EMS shipments, International Parcels and International Registered Mail.
4. The indemnity Guarantee is not intended for indirect losses arising from the risk of late delivery, loss or damage to the shipment suffered by the Shipper.
TERMS OF INDEMNITY COVER
- International shipments whose shipment is not prohibited in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Meet the service requirements set by Pos Indonesia.
- The sender has paid the shipping costs and the Indemnity Guarantee fee.
- The sender writes the value of the goods on the shipping form during the transaction at the counter.
- If compensation for loss has been paid to the Sender, but it turns out that the shipment has been received by the Recipient in the destination country, the Sender must return the compensation received.
- If compensation for loss has been paid to the Sender, but is found by Pos Indonesia, the shipment becomes the property of Pos Indonesia.
RIGHT TO CLAIM COMPENSATION
- Claims for compensation are the right of the sender. (Note: A claim for damages can be filed by the recipient, in the event that the sender has given a statement of relinquishment of rights to the shipment to the recipient).
- Claims for damages can only be made for late (for EMS shipments only), damaged or lost shipments
- Claims for compensation for damage and loss of outgoing International Shipments can be filed no later than :
- Two months for EMS, calculated from the date of delivery.
- Three months for International Fast Packages and International Registered Mail, calculated from the date of delivery.
- Four months for Ordinary Packages, calculated from the date of delivery.
4. Claims for compensation for delays in EMS outgoing shipments can be filed no later than 7 (seven) days after the shipment is received by the recipient in the destination country.
LOSS OF COMPENSATION RIGHTS
Pos Indonesia is not obliged to provide compensation for the following things :
- The claim for compensation is submitted beyond the time limit set by Pos Indonesia.
- The sender provides incorrect information about the contents of the international shipment.
- International shipments contain goods that are prohibited from being sent by post.
- International shipments are confiscated by authorized officials in accordance with the provisions of the legislation of the country of origin / destination.
- Delay/damage/loss of international shipments caused by force majeure events.
- Delay, damage or loss that is intentionally caused by the Sender and or Recipient, with the aim of profiting from the Indemnity Guarantee service.
- Delays caused by difficulties in delivering the shipment to the recipient, including but not limited to :
- Incomplete or incorrect address writing,
- The recipient is not present at the time of delivery,
- Recipient arrives late after the call is sent,
- PO BOX address.
8. Delays caused by the length of inspection by customs or other authorized officers or due to holidays.
VALUE OF INDEMNITY GUARANTEE
- The value of the indemnity guarantee is set as follows :
- New goods according to the invoice price / purchase receipt with a maximum that can be insured is Rp 20.000.000,00 (twenty million rupiah)
- Used goods, the value of which is determined by the sender, with the approval of the post office to send Rp 20.000.000,00 (twenty million rupiah)
- Goods containing art/cultural goods, other personal collectibles and authentic deeds issued by an agency or institution or certain institutions, among others in the form of diplomas, ddriving licenses (SIM), BPKB, STNK, or other documents are determined based on the cost of processing or making a maximum of Rp.6.000.000,00 (Six Million Rupiah) per Pucuk/Koli;
IDEMNITY GUARANTEE SERVICE FEE
- The Indemnity Guarantee Service Fee is set at 0.5% (zero point five per hundred) of the Indemnity Guarantee Value.
- The minimum service fee for Indemnity Guarantee is Rp 5.000,- (five thousand rupiah).
AMOUNT OF COMPENSATION
- Compensation for Damage or Loss Shipments :
|Without Indemnity||With Indemnity|
|Maximum reimbursement US $100||Maximum reimbursement = Sum Insured|
|Plus 1 time shipping cost||Plus 1 time shipping cost|
- The shipping cost calculated as the indemnity payable to the sender is exclusive of VAT and service charges of the indemnity cover.
- Partial international shipment damage indemnity is not eligible for a refund of shipping costs.
2. EMS shipment delay compensation
- Compensation for delay is payable for EMS shipments that are covered by an indemnity guarantee and those that are not covered by an indemnity guarantee.
- EMS delay compensation is payable at a maximum of 20% of the shipping cost under the following conditions :
|Number of Days Delay||Maximum Indemnity|
|1 to 10 days||10% X Shipping Cost|
|More than 10 days||20% X Shipping Cost|
- The shipping cost calculated as the compensation for delay paid to the sender exludes VAT and indemnity guarantee service fees.